The Happy Body
It’s hard to stay motivated with just good results. Only when we gain excellence do we get something to fight for.
Ideally, men should have 10% body fat and woman should have 13%.
You can have the ideal leanness, but you won’t look fit unless you put on enough muscle. A man, at 5’11“, should weigh 170 - 180 pounds. A woman, at 5’2” should weigh 107 - 113. Anything more results in burdening the body with too much muscle. Anything less results in not enough muscle to maintain energy and mobility.
You aren’t born with good posture. You build it throughout your life.
Bad posture forces the joints of the body to support your weight instead of the muscles. This results in stiffness and later pain.
Inversion tables provide an excellent way to unload the spine from the daily load it carries.
If you lose weight by dieting, over exercising, taking pills, or surgery, you will gain it back because all of those are temporary measures. The only sustainable way to loose weight is to change your lifestyle.
There are 5 ways to boost your metabolism and increase weight loss:
- Gain muscle because more muscle will burn more fat.
- Eat every 3 hours but only enough food so you are hungry the last hour. That last hour becomes your fat burning zone.
- Don’t eat until your are stuffed. If you stretch your stomach it will make you hungry before the food is completely processed.
- Eat a verity of all the basic macro nutrients every time. Otherwise your body will have to work harder to compensate for the missing building blocks.
- Eat organic and high quality foods. They put less stress on your body allowing you to process the food faster and get more nutrients from a smaller volume.
Exercise without rest will breaks down the body instead of building it up.
Under stress, the body burns muscle.
When you relax and activate the parasympathetic nervous system, the body uses fat for fuel.
Allow a pause to breath out during exercise. This time gives you a chance to recover mid workout.